Monday, March 15, 2010

I have arrived in Chiapas

After getting to Logan airport at 5am and then three flights to Atlanta then Mexico City and finally to Tuxtla Gutierrez, we then drove one hour to the town of San Cristobal de las Casas. The history of this city is quite interesting and I will have to share it later since I need to get dressed and head down to breakfast. Nonetheless I thought I would at least share the view from our hotel window.

My roommate, Maria Elena Letona, and I got the best room. We have a little private balcony and an amazing view. I know that many of you are in Boston and experiencing rain, so when I put on my short sleeve shirt and flip flops I will try to get as much sun as I can so that you can feel it back in Boston.

Enjoy the photos -





Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mariama, for continuing this blog. It is so refreshing to follow your adventure and share in the experience with you. I really wish more Bethelites would blog when traveling so that we can get a glimpse into the intriguing travel ventures we all embrace.

    Please share the details of why you are on this trip.

    Have a wonderful time.

    -Carole Copeland Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! Do you have a focus for your learning? Would love to hear more about the foundation and how it can support me as a teacher so I can bring this kind of learning into my classroom. Tell Klare to share some of this with her pen pal here at my school. I will follow along and learn from this end. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Hating on your weather though :)

    ReplyDelete